Dr. Masters offers a wide range of in-office services to meet your needs, including the following:
- Skin Cancers - Full body exams with removal of suspected cancers by various surgical and nonsurgical means.
- Moles - Full body exams with removal of suspicious or irritated lesions.
- Laser - Information about laser treatments.
- Fillers - Information about Fillers
- Warts - Often utilizing painless immunotherapy to enlist the body's own immune system to get rid of warts.
- Multi-Modality Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) - Utilizing lasers and IPL in addition to blue light for acne and pre-skin cancers as well as rejuvenation. By painlessly removing the stratum corneum, patients have to wait only 15-20 minutes before instituting treatment (Levulan is absorbed by the nerves in a few hours which markedly increases the pain of the procedure if the patient has to wait before beginning treatment). Other light sources such as laser and intense pulsed light multiply the effectiveness of blue light alone with no further down time.
- Laser for Toenail Fungus - P ainless, inexpensive treatment that has a nearly 100% cure rate without the worry of internal medicine or liver damage.
Dr. Masters feels that each patient's cosmetic treatment should be customized and that there should be as little downtime for the patient as possible. There is usually not just one procedure that meets every person's needs. Is there volume loss? Is there skin that needs tightening? Are there blood vessels or other textural issues to be addressed? Are there areas that need muscle relaxation to minimize dynamic folds or wrinkles? Will medical-grade cosmetics help? What about Retin-A or other topical retinoids? Below are a few of the cosmetic procedures available, either by themselves or in combination, for a regimen that will achieve the best result for each patient:
- Breakthrough facial rejuvenation with the Fotona Dynamis SP laser . Dr. Masters is pleased to be the first physician in North or South Carolina to offer this amazing technology allowing immediately noticeable significant cosmetic improvement with NO downtime virtually painfree. For more details, check out this article: Fotona4d
- The Strawberry Laser , a British laser, also the first in western North Carolina, with the ability to take off inches of fat in as little as 10 minutes with no discomfort. Other modalities for body contouring require 10 times the price and an hour or more of discomfort for a maximum of 1 inch loss as their target. In its FDA approval study, the Strawberry achieved an average of 3.7 inches of loss over 4 weeks with 2 treatments a week. All body areas except female breast and the face are treatable. There are no restrictions on BMI. Your "inches lost" goal is achievable whatever your size, but obviously, if you have more to lose than 3.7 inches, it will take longer than 4 weeks. Dr. Masters has done a great deal of liposuction over the years, but he feels this is an excellent cheaper alternative with no down time and with immediate gratification. Plus it offers an incentive to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. For more details check out this link: blueridgederm.mylilabody.com
- Rejuvapen - When the collagen cascade in the second layer of skin is stimulated, the "healing" process is activated, which results in increased collagen. Rejuvapen breaks just the dermal-epidermal junction mechanically to begin the process. For a short time, channels are open into the second layer of skin. This allows topical preparations to penetrate to the second layer of skin. Preparations such as Levulan for PDT, Platelet-Rich Plasma with its growth factors directly derived from a patient's blood, and other cosmetic topicals can then be applied and be assured of reaching the second layer of skin.
- Botox® - A neuromodulator to relax and smooth skin areas adversely affected by muscle movement
- Facial Fillers - Include Sculptra®, Radiesse®, Restylane® and others. Fillers replace lost volume and remain in the skin for varying lengths of time. Some fillers have an immediate visible effect, do not stimulate collagen growth, and are slowly absorbed. Other products stimulate new collagen growth, and the full effect may not be seen for a number of months. Cost-effectiveness is balanced with the degree of immediate gratification the patient desires. If a patient has an upcoming event such as a wedding, reunion, etc, the treatment chosen is different than if long-term rejuvenation is preferred.
- Isolaz™ - Photo-pneumatic treatment used solo but often combined with other modalites for various treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) - Multi-wavelength non-laser light that can be adjusted depending on the conditions being treated.
- Other Lasers - For pigment, scars, acne, and hair removal.
- Vbeam™ Perfecta Laser - For facial blood vessels and other conditions involving redness such as acne and rosacea.
- Sclerotherapy - Injections for small and large leg veins.
- Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy - In-office ultrasound used to treat blood vessels not apparent to the naked eye
- Endovenous Laser Closure for Leg Veins - Inserting a laser fiber into large leg veins to enable the laser to close large veins previously only treated with vein stripping or other major surgery.
- Vibradermabrasion - Microdermabrasion that does not use aluminum particles, thereby eliminating concern for their harmful effects.
- Private Label Medical Grade Cosmetic Products - Specially formulated cosmetics with enhanced focus and stronger formulation that allow the cosmeceutical benefits/treatment of various conditions as well as that enhance rejuvenation.
Dr. Masters and the staff of Blue Ridge Dermatology, P.A., look forward to helping you look your best, no matter what your age, with the friendly and professional dermatologic care you deserve.